![]() |
| Our Bishop on the far right and Ward Mission Leader with the drums doing the Beatles for the talent show. |
Monday, November 6, 2017
Last week Elder Crockett and I went to each Zone Conference on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
On Tuesday, we went to Joliet 30 minutes away. It was Halloween so that was weird. On Wednesday, we went to Peoria, 2 hours 30 minutes away and I found out Howie was released from being a Ward Mission Leader! We also nearly crashed on the way home lol, but I shouted not to die, so the driver woke up from an open eyed sleep and reacted well. Lol, I got a but scared, though!
On Thursday we went to Rockford an hour and 30 minutes away, and I got to drive the Assistant’s truck home.
On Friday, we went to our Zone Conference in Schaumburg and I did my “departing testimony.” That was weird! But it was cool to go to all the Stake Centers I have been to on my Mission. I have never been in the same zone twice!
All the missionaries have smartphones now, so that is nice, though.
We did a bunch of tracting this week. It was funny to see all the doors close on us. People don’t understand but it is nice when people do and actually talk to us. Lol one person just shook his head and closed the door.
We had the Talent Show this week, too. A bunch of people came! So that was fun!
Yes so not much else happened this week.
I was reading this one article and it is super good. It goes over the great Apostasy and how there needs to be revelation for people to be called of God (duh..) Here is a quote from it:
'Paul counselled Timothy to allow no man to despise his youth. Then he said: "Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee BY PROPHECY, with the laying on of hands of the presbytery." (I Tim. 4:14)
'In the time of Martin Luther and King Henry the Eighth, there was not a man on earth who believed that God was then giving revelations. On the contrary, they taught that the heavens were sealed, revelation was ended, there were no more prophets, all of the word of God was in the Bible.
'Since there was no revelation, and since there were no prophets, how could men be called of God to the ministry? Obviously they were not. Their calls were from men in political authority, or from those who assumed the right to organize Churches of their own.
'Without divine authority, man cannot officiate for the Lord.
'Without a divinely approved ministry there can be no Church of God on earth.
'Without revelation through a living prophet there can be no approved ministry.
'Societies may be organized, and some of them may be called Churches. But if there is no divine direction according to the plan which God has provided, we must admit that the societies or Churches are man-made organizations without divine appointment.
'Such groups may accomplish much good. They may be a great comfort to their members. But when it comes to saving souls in the Kingdom of God, that is a different matter.'
Through the witness of the Holy Spirit of God, I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church today that has divine authority to perform all the saving ordinances needed. I know that only through these saving ordinances performed by authorized servants of God through prophecy and by laying on of hands can we live with God, The Father, again. All mankind are saved from death because they will all be resurrected by the grace of Jesus. All mankind will have the opportunity to receive these saving ordinances before the resurrection, but not all mankind will choose to live with God, The Father, and accept the saving ordinances or live by the promises they make. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Kloosterboer
![]() |
| Cool diagram for passing the Sacrament |
![]() |
| Elder Crockett made us some yummy cinnamon rolls! Yum! |
| Lots of old dumb phones! |
![]() |
| Our kitchen got a little cluttered... |
![]() |
| Watching a pride video of people driving cars in the zone conferences. It was hilarious! |
| Yummy cake representing joy |




