Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 91: Shucking Corn

That moon was bright!
 Monday, August 14, 2017

It was a great week! We taught Gary and Clarence a few times and they are taking it well! They both came to church this week and it was very good! The people here are nice and talk to them.

We finally got to teach Jon Jon. He is cool and the same age as I am! He wants to be more spiritual and it seems like his family is the opposite, unfortunately. 

It is funny, the town is a small world and people we meet are related to members, less active and active. That is always a nice little surprise. 

Haha, so we met this one guy who gave us accurate information about his mom. His mom is listed as a former investigator and a less active member.. so it is confusing, but we will meet her one day and teach her, hopefully. We have already fixed a few records that had the wrong information on it. It is fun to do because it is sort of a puzzle haha!

I also figured out this week it is important to love the scriptures.... so if you don't, I would encourage you to have the desire first and then love them. The scriptures are God's words. 

Oh yeah, this week I shucked corn for the first time. It was pretty fun and I got pretty good at it!

Something I learned this week is that the Pearl of Great Price is indeed a "Pearl" of great price! :) I know that the scriptures are true and I know the plan of salvation and happiness. I know that Christ is the one who makes it possible. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,

Elder Kloosterboer
*6666 miles!