Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Week 81: Surprise! Temple Day!

Elder Kelly and me at the temple

Tuesday, June 6, 2017


Hello everyone! Last Tuesday I found out that we were going to the temple! So, I went to the temple today! It was great! Haha. No one in our ward could give us a ride as everyone was busy, so, luckily we found a ride with another person in another ward.

I went on 2 exchanges in a row out of the area interrupted only by some time doing Weekly Planning. It was interesting.

I went on exchanges with Elder Urness in the YSA area and taught some people in my area who are YSAs (young single adults). So, that was fun. I also went to Elgin to the public library there and they have dinosaurs on exhibit. It was a beautiful day, too. There was a little pond glistening just outside the window of the library.

I, also, went on exchanges with Elder Thornock in his area, Arlington Heights 2. We got robbed! Somehow, someone got into the car and stole another missionary's GPS. They unplugged all the USBs and left a lighter, too... It was weird. I noticed the lighter on my seat and didn't think much of it, so I moved it. I should have looked more carefully so we would have concrete evidence. Oh well!

Luckily the missionary who owns the GPS is leaving to go home next week and wasn't thinking of keeping it anyway—but leaving it with the missionaries who didn't have a GPS.

Oh and there are 9 elders and 3 sisters leaving this transfer, but only 2 sister's are coming in.... So, 5 areas are closing or merging this transfer..

We were walking yesterday and got into this part-member-less-active-family's home and it was weird. At first we were talking to the mom, who named two of her son's after elders in the past, then she had to leave and pick up her daughter's boyfriend. So, she said to stay and talk to her son. He had to leave 5 minutes later to take a test. He got his brother to come and we talked to him. It was weird, but we ended up reading one chapter out of the Book of Mormon with the last guy. 

The mom isn't a member, but believes the church is headed by Christ and that it is the only one that would be fully true, but she doesn't have enough faith to conquer her addictions. So, we are helping her with that. 

There are some great videos on 12 steps to recovery about different people and their experience with a specific step and their specific addiction. They are on the Gospel Library and online at https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/12-steps-to-change?lang=eng

We showed her that, too.

I don't have too much time left, but I love this church and know it is governed by Christ through Thomas Monson. It is very orderly because God is a god of order. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and has brought me closer to Christ. I know that it can for you too. And that is only the beginning... There is much to learn and it is very exciting! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,

Elder Kloosterboer

I made some rain pants just in case...

Elder Urness and me!

Elder Gentry and Elder Kelly