Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 70: Bye Bye St Patty



I made a Jenga tower from scratch. :)

Monday, March 20, 2017


Hello everyone!

'Twas a good week! We did lots of cleaning last week since we had an apartment inspection on Tuesday. We passed  of course. I, also, moved the fridge today to clean under it... and it hasn't been cleaned for a while. Haha, looks good, now, though.

Oh yeah, I am staying here with Elder Mateski. Both of the Spanish elders (Elder Hale and Elder Jeppson) are staying, too. The car share is now just between us, so we are going to have the car less, unfortunately, though.
We had a cool experience stopping by a former. We went there looking for Herbert and a guy comes out asking if we are the Christian guys. We say yes, and he isn't interested because we already came. But, I don't know if they were LDS missionaries who came last time because they hadn't really heard about the Book of Mormon. The guy we talked to was Jeremy and we show the Book of Mormon. Anyway, we are going back there to teach about it. So it was a fun experience.

Haha, we taught a lesson to an eternigator (eternal investigator) about the Word of Wisdom and she says she already knows it. Anyway, we read the section where the revelation is (D&C 89), and at the end, we ask her what she thinks of it. She goes crazy and tries to defend coffee, but we finally figure out what is wrong. Some members or someone had told her that not taking caffeine was part of Word of Wisdom, and she has medical issues and doctors have prescribed things for her with caffeine in it to help her. Anyway, we tell we can have pop and caffeine and she is just like, " oh ok!" Lol. It was funny. We had the bishop and a couple there. They helped haha. :) So, she can keep that commandment, now.

I've been reading the Old Testament from cover to cover (skipping Psalms and Song of Solomon) and I am in Isaiah 46 now. It is so great. Reading it and studying and really finding what the passages mean strengthen my testimony of this church being Christ's restored church. It is so true! It is also very interesting reading the institute manual for it and seeing what some commentators say.... I don't want to go in depth, but what Christ said to Joseph Smith in his first vision... it is true... lol. 

I know that Christ is the chief cornerstone and leads this church through the Prophet, Thomas S Monson. I know the Gospel is the way to true happiness. I know that the Book of Mormon is truly inspired of God. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

P.S. I was going to wear my green tie on St Patrick's Day, but I totally forgot about it, but I still wore my green tie. Win!

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer

A bird of prey swooped in front of us pretty low. Couldn't get a picfast enough, though. It is there, though, on top of the hedge in the middle of the pic.