Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 65: Bloomingdale!


Paul, who is getting baptized soon, was sitting next to me and we took
a lil selfie before Priesthood Opening Exercises started

Monday, February 13, 2017


What an awesome week! I feel a lot better now, too! My new companion, Elder Mateski is pretty great, too. He came from Gilbert Arizona, but lived most of his life in New Mexico. He is a very good drawer, too!

Man, our ward mission leader, Brother Filio, is crazy hilarious! I met him already, but now he is so funny! He takes in some foster children and we are teaching one right now. His name is Paul. He is awesome! He was asking us about mission life and then said he wants to go on a mission! He is on date to be baptized already, too. We took a pic together.

We are, also, teaching a less active due to medical issues. He is great, though. He got some new gadgets and helped him understand how to us the tablet and get LDS Music and Gospel Library. He has a Google Voice thing, too. Haha!

I loved this week, too, because I got to drive lots! We are in a 2 car-3 way carshare. So we only don't have the car on Sundays and Mondays. We have standing permission to go out of the mission to go to members there for dinners, too. So I drove into the Chicago Mission! That was fun haha. It would be funny to run into other missionaries when we do that.

Oh yeah. On Wednesday, we found out there are now "Specialized Training Assistants" in the mission. They basically go on exchanges with everyone, it seems. It will be interesting to go on exchange with them. Both of them are going to our area tonight. It is Elder Casto and Elder Pace. English and Spanish, meaning a zebra companionship. Also, they are the ones that came in to Normal on my third transfer (Elder Pace to Bloomington Spanish and Elder Casto to Normal with me). So, that's fun for them.

We go to a food pantry here, too and that is fun. There were a lot of volunteers!

I was reading in Proverbs 1 this week and some simple wisdom here, "10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not." Haha. So that is fun. I know that Jesus and Heavenly Father live and that they love us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer

Me with the Fifields

Airplane!


Cool Arches

Elder Mateski

Me with Elder Umphress

The button I sewed!


Not a perfect dot, but pretty good!

Us on the map. We are out of our mission and we have permission! #ChicagoSide!