Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 64: Sickness

The Smith family - super awesome!


Monday, February 6, 2017


Elder Umphress got sick last week and now I'm sick. Yup. So, while he was sick, I read from 2 Chronicles to half way through Job! Very interesting things in there. 

Haha church was good. The East elders got their neighbor's boyfriend to come to church and he spoke in Fast and Testimony Meeting. Haha it was good! He has a son who is a member and he was saying about how the conversation would go with his son about him being there. 

We taught Gospel Principles and it was interesting. We didn't have much time and Lin came to church again. She came last transfer with Brother Figgins. They live in a healthcare place. Lin had many questions and it was good! Questions is the way you get answers. It is how the church was restored. So, it was fun!

Also, I'm getting transferred. First, I lived in Peoria Stake for 3 transfers, then I lived in Rockford Stake for 1 transfer, then I lived in Joliet Stake for 2 transfers, and now I've lived in Naperville Stake for 4 transfers. Now I'm going to live in Schaumburg Stake (in Bloomingdale 1st Ward) and I wonder if I'll live there for 5 transfers? So, it's fun. 5 areas in 5 out of 5 different stakes in the mission.

My new companion is Elder Mateski. All I know about him is that he has been out for 2 transfers. So it will be fun to get to know him and work with him.

Some interesting things in the Bible:

A prophet in the Bible uses sarcasm (1 Kings 22:15)

Job 19:26 is translated different in different bibles because the Hebrew is ambiguous and it depends on the translator's view of the doctrine. So, either we will see God in flesh, or we won't... I know the answer.

Thank goodness that we have another testament, the Book of Mormon, which confounds false doctrines with the Bible. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that the Bible is, also, the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.

Love,

Elder Kloosterboer

Elder Umphress with the Magars (pronounced mongers). They are the
extended family of the Mongers.

Me with the Magars!