Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 55: Snow! And Splits!

A demonstration of poor armor on the Zone Leaders at Zone Training, lol!
Elder Tedders on the left and Elder Stewart-Chester on the right

Monday, December 5, 2016


Hello everyone! 

We finally got some good snow! :) It was fun crunching on it. It was scary though. It was Elder Umphress' first time driving.. lol. We went around a roundabout and crashed into the curb. That was an interesting experience... lol.

We had our Christmas breakfast on Saturday. The Mongers came and so did the Furchtsams. We invited them both. :) They had a blast!

We had a good time teaching the Mongers last night after the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. We read in the Book of Mormon Stories for them. Everyone in the room read including the mom. It was awesome. We read chapters 50 and 51 about the Jaredites and related it to prayer. The 5 year old loves to pray for a few lessons now (ever since she went to church for all three hours). We are still working on getting the 12 and 16 year olds to pray. They haven't been to church on Sunday, either... so, yeah. Church does wonders! 

Oh yeah! I went on my first official splits. I went with Brother Monson to the Mongers and Elder Umphress went to Stephanie's with Brother Cleere. We did it because they were going to be separate at first, but then we were going to switch them due to conflicts and then they couldn't and yeah. It was fun!

We also had Zone Training. It was fun! The Sister Training Leaders trained on how we need to leave investigators with strong Armor of God by having great Companionship Studies. Also, the Zone Leaders brought out members from the wards who we asked questions to.

Yes, so it was a fun week. I'm excited to continue to work with members in this great work of God's. "For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

I know that God loves us. I know the plan He has for us. It's AWESOME! I love Jesus. I'm glad it is ChristMASS. Even though it isn't a holiday set up by God, and not the time when Jesus was born, it is still a great time to look more to Christ. I've been reading a lot in the Pentateuch lately. It is awesome how much everything points to Christ. I know the Bible is the true word of God (as far as it is translated correctly). I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's one and only true church with His Priesthood Authority and Power therein. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer 

It's beginning to look a lot like... Christmas

Lol. Snow on Car


Wow! Grand Ferrero Rocher!