Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 49: I Love Driving!

Cool night's sky
Monday, October 24, 2016

Not much happened this week, but I got to drive today. :) It's been a while. It was way fun.

We did some extra service at Lazarus House this week. The Relief Society in our ward organized giving them some food. It was fun. The other elders saw one of the people they have met at a park there. It was cool!

We have still been teaching the Mongers and they are doing good! They didn't come to church this week, but they said they want to come next week. It is always fun teaching them. :) We always sing a song from the Children's Songbook. They love it. Also, the mom loves the gospel library app. I'm so thankful for that app and LDS Music.
They are so helpful. It is so awesome because we have so much stuff at our fingertips. The scriptures are one in our hand (Ezekiel 37:16-17).

Oh yeah, we went to mutual (12-18 youth activity) because they were doing a missionary-minded activity. One thing they had to do was to find us and take a selfie with us. They racked up points for how many activities they could do successfully. It was fun because we hid in a small room and then hid in other places. Haha.

We had a cool experience helping some members move some furniture this week. They had someone come over to buy some culinary things and Elder Young and I came to the front, where he was, to put some drawers down. He asks us if we are Latter-day Saints (which is always a nice surprise as most people call us by our nickname, Mormons) and we start to talk. Apparently he is not a member, but he has a cousin in Centennial, CO who is a member. It was a cool talk because he is looking for a new church to go to and he is willing to go to an LDS meetinghouse in Elgin, where he lives. So, we are getting missionaries in that area to give him the address as we don't know it. Maybe he will decide to join and make more covenants with God, we'll see.

So yeah, it was a good week! I know Jesus is my Savior and the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I love Him. He is my God, and your God. I'm so thankful for the enabling and saving power of the Atonement. I know this is His Church. This Church is for the family and individual, to unify and help us in this earthly life. I know that is true. I'm so happy that "I belong to The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I’ll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I’ll honor His name. I’ll do what is right; I’ll follow His light. His truth I will proclaim." The song, "The Church of Jesus Christ" came into my head after saying the first line of it. Haha. But what it says in it is true. I know those things and I am doing those things. Anyway, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love you all!

Elder Kloosterboer

When you have no space.
Lol first time I've seen the backup camera like this because I'm usually
not in the car when the driver is backing up with the trunk door up