Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 41: St Charles! :)

Selfie!

Monday, August 29, 2016


It was a super good week!  I'm in St Charles now! It is a very nice area here!

I saw Elder Casto and Elder Heiner (with his new trainee, Elder King-I think). They are all doing well. 

I met a lot of my new zone at the stake center in Naperville. They are all pretty awesome! It is going to be a fun transfer!

We helped fix a play set for some nonmember neighbor's of some members on the first day. That was fun!

So, I'm getting to know he people and the area a bit more. It is funny because only 6 days ago, I'd hardly knew the area, but now I know quite a bit more.

We also know the owners for the Colonial Cafe and the other ap elders who we share the ward with ft to go on Tuesday (Elder Young's first day in the real mission field). We will get to go this week. We did get some of their fantastic ice cream when we went over to their house.
Elder Eddenfield took a selfie of us

We did a lot of walking and some biking this week as we are in a car share and the miles are just not there... Haha. 

The members here are awesome! We also went to the Salvation Army to help out and there were some cool people there. 

Also, we are teaching this Nepali family and they don't know much English (but still some), so that is fun! We are trying to see if they can get to do some English classes for free and if there are any Nepali people (or people who know the language) in the stake.

The only thing they have in Nepali is the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet-not even any other pamphlets or the Book of Mormon. So, we have been going through that pamphlet slowly. 

We had a cool experience while walking home on Saturday.  We saw some members and we talked to them. One of their friends, who is actually a former investigator in the other area of the ward, was there. We didn't plan on teaching them, but one thing led to the other and we did! Haha. They had gotten burritos, and we had been going home for the purpose of eating in our apartment, so we accepted their invitation to eat with them. The burrito was DELICIOUS! Yum! Anyway, Barb (the nonmember) is pretty cool! 

Church was good! It was at 1 pm-the first time on my mission. So, that was interesting. They also have an upstairs in the church. It was interesting calling the majority of people "brother" or "sister" so-and-so. 

I also used a Laundromat for the first time on my mission today. It was cool with the card and uploading money directly from my card  so that I don't have to deal with coins or cash. Yay!

Anyway I'm excited for this week. I know that the gospel is one of the most important, if not the most important, things to share with people. I know God loves us, His spirit children, and that he wants what is best for us. I know that this is Christ's church and that it is the organization to prepare us for His second coming and to help us with our families. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer

Exactly 100 miles for the day!
Lol! They changed my profile picture! (Don't worry, it was temporary)
My suitcases are getting fatter and fatter each time I move! Oh oh!