Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 37: It's August...


Monday, August 1, 2016


It was a great week! I went on two exchanges-one with my mission brother, Elder Julander, and the other with Elder Cook in his new area. So, I have been on exchanges with Elder Cook in his old area (Joliet 1 North), my area (Naper YSA), and his new area (Joliet 1 South) haha! It is fun. They have a nice area! 

After Zone Play-Day pic
We had another lesson with Chris and he should be coming to FHE tonight with his sister and one of his friends, so that will be super cool!

Interesting story with a potential we had: we have dropped by a lot of times at different times of the day by this member referral, Alex, and he has never been there or no one has come to the door.. Anyway, we had left a card saying to call us if interested etc. We hear back that he posted a picture of the card on Facebook saying how great fun it was to get it, but he hasn't called us... Haha. Lol. Anyway, we will be trying him again.

We had Zone Play-Day today and we played Tennis, Volleyball, and Soccer! It was super fun and I got super sweaty and hot! 

Also, I just wanted to share this quote from the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr, “The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

I know that the work I do is God's work and that nothing can stop it. We missionaries are just tools in His work "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I know that God lives and that He very much so has His hand in our lives. I know he loves us all and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer
Horsey!
Eating at Joe's for the very last time!