Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Week 33: Meeting Other Missionaries While Proselyting!



View from a summer sales apartment

Monday, July 4, 2016

Well, I found out this week that a member who lives here, Mckenzie, is friends with Josh Reichman from Broomfield 3rd ward! That's one of the first that I have talked to someone who knows a friend of mine. Mckenzie is a YSA in one of the wards inside our area and we were just visiting her.

We had an interesting lesson with Mona this week. She is from France and we brought a member from the Naperville 3rd ward who went to France for his mission. We met him because we helped him move. Anyway,
she found out that he spoke French in the middle of the lesson and Voila! They started speaking French and she was impressed! That was pretty cool.

We also, had some interesting texting moments when we were trying to get in contact with one of the YSAs for dinner. It turned out that we were pranked on and we went to Red Lobster and waited for 10 minutes and left. Yup, we are not paying 32 bucks for a meal right now. Haha. Yeah it was interesting. We found out the YSA's real phone number and he will take us out another time.

Oh yeah, we were going to eat in a park by a baseball place and, as we were entering the parking lot, a ball bounced right in front of us about 10 feet away. Imagine if we had gone in the parking lot a second earlier! Yup, it was scary and the baseball players were bad haha. So, we had exchanges this week and Elder Cook came into my area with me and Elder Kearl went with Elder Neve and Maughn in Joliet. Elder Cook and I biked all the way to FMSC 6 miles away and saw that they were closed! We realized it was probably because of the 4th of July weekend. So, that was 12 miles for nothing really, oh well, it was still fun because I like biking. I stopped and talked to a woman and eventually asked her if I could give her a card. She was all like, "I have no hands!" While she had a phone in her hand... *slap on the face* lol.

We went downtown and went to a train station. I was expecting a busy train station, but there were only a few people there. We talked to a lot of people there and had lasting conversation about the gospel. That was pretty cool. Unfortunately none were young single adults, but, on the way back to the car, we saw a young single adult walk out of his home and we got to talk to him. He seemed pretty interesting and he is open weekends, so we will call him up and set up a time to follow up this weekend.

Interestingly enough, we just got a referral from that same area where we didn't even knock on.

We also got a new investigator from other elders and we gave some new investigators to other elders.

Also, we were working in the sisters area, Naperville 3rd and, as we were about to knock on a door, we see a car with a TIWI and it is the sisters! Lol! They were like, "What are you doing?" And I was like, "There is a YSA here!" Haha. We also bumped into the Bollingbrook elders. They were talking to the members inside and we knocked on the door haha. So, that was funny because I usually don't see other missionaries during proselyting time.

If you're not a member, this next paragraph maybe doesn't make sense to you, sorry!
Oh yeah, so we are in the Joliet East Zone (there are 2 districts per zone, 2 zones per stake, 5 stakes in our mission) and our ward is the Naperville YSA ward and we cover both Naperville and Joliet stakes, but we report to Naperville stake and that is where the ward is located in. So, as missionaries we report to our zone leaders who report to the stake leaders, and since our zone leaders are in Joliet stake, they report to the wrong stake! So we had to answer their questions and also the Naperville Zone leader questions, too. They wanted us to get all our numbers to them also. (Naperville Zone Leaders forgot we are not in their zone anymore so they needed all the info on the last day possible.)  we said they can just get that from the other Zone Leaders. So that will be interesting on how that continues. Yeah, I don't know if anyone can follow that, but oh well!

It was a good week, this week! And because it is July 4th, I would like to share some scripture verses from the Book of Mormon that tell of a prophet called Nephi seeing the coming of the United States.
1 Nephi 13:10-19
"10 And it came to pass that I looked and beheld many waters; and they
divided the Gentiles from the seed of my brethren.
11 And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Behold the wrath
of God is upon the seed of thy brethren.
12 And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated
from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld the
Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went
forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who
were in the promised land.
13 And it came to pass that I beheld the Spirit of God, that it
wrought upon other Gentiles; and they went forth out of captivity,
upon the many waters.
14 And it came to pass that I beheld many multitudes of the Gentiles
upon the land of promise; and I beheld the wrath of God, that it was
upon the seed of my brethren; and they were scattered before the
Gentiles and were smitten.
15 And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles,
and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I
beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like
unto my people before they were slain.
16 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld that the Gentiles who had
gone forth out of captivity did humble themselves before the Lord; and
the power of the Lord was with them.
17 And I beheld that their mother Gentiles were gathered together upon
the waters, and upon the land also, to battle against them.
18 And I beheld that the power of God was with them, and also that the
wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered together against
them to battle.
19 And I, Nephi, beheld that the Gentiles that had gone out of
captivity were delivered by the power of God out of the hands of all
other nations."

I know it was no coincidence that the colonies won against the empire. God's hand was definitely in the history of the United States. This led to the Bill of Rights including freedom of religion which led to one thing to another and Joseph Smith, a Prophet of God, restored His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, back on the earth in the fullness. I know that this is true. I know that God loves us and still talks to us in these days and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is a true record of the people in America. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.Hope you all had a great 4th of July (Independence Day)!

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer


Lucifer Gospel,, lol