Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 31: Feed My Starving Children




The zone with the Senior Sisters
Shades!
Monday, June 20, 2016

It was a purty great week! We saw Elder Scott, area Seventy of this Area, when we went to Naf Naf Grill with a member. He was in his regular clothes, it was weird, but so iĆ®cool! When we asked when we could follow up with him, he asked when we didn't have a dinner this week, and he signed up for Thursday. So, I had dinner every night last week. :) pretty cool! Lol, the one day that we had exchanges, the area didn't have a dinner, but I had dinner in the other area. 

We were going to teach Nanni on Tuesday, but she had to work overtime. Lol, she got a bit frustrated that she couldn't meet with us.

So, on Wednesday, I went to Joliet 1st North with Elder Cook and Elder Neve came up with Elder Kearl. 
I walked a lot on that day. They are trying to save car miles. It was really hot, but, luckily, we got offered some drinks by the way. We were going to try and teach a woman with a member, Brother Brown, but she wasn't there. Her daughter and another boyfriend was there, so we taught them. It was pretty cool. The daughter was already being taught, but the boyfriend was not. He was pretty interested and they should have taught them both again on Saturday.

We went to Feed My Starving Children twice this week plus the time I wasn't there for exchanges. It is so awesome! We invited some summer sales people to come on Saturday as they are off after four on that day. We also invited them to invite the rest of  the summer sales people. So, this Saturday should be good! I'm excited!

We had Linger Longer yesterday! It was pretty awesome! We had sloppy joes. I'm starting to know a lot of the members.

We had a pretty cool experience going to a media referral. We had his address without an apartment number and it turned out we knocked on A and he lived in B. We talked to the girl who lived there and she was interested in our message. She is going to ask her Spanish-speaking parents if they are interested and or will allow her to listen. Then, we talked to the referral and gave him his Bible and shared a message in his home. We are going to follow up with him this week. Also, in the same house (with 4 apartments) we saw a woman sitting in front of her door reading a book. We talked to her and she is interested, also! All in one house :) it was pretty cool. 

We had Zone Activity today and we had a BBQ and played kickball. I slid and got a scratch, but I scored, so it was good. 

I know that what I am doing is God's work and that He helps me in it. I have seen His hand a lot! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer
Me with Elder Kearl's glasses haha!
I found a big wooden Shoe, the biggest!
New Holland!
Crazy rain!


Floods!




Whirlpool!
Rain starting dripping through the roof!

Alma Dr!
Lol, the GPS knew where we were going without us doing anything! Scaryy
Never ending trainz!
Elder Kearl as a silhouette haha
I have this picture at home and we found someone else who has it!
Map of our area we created
Elder Kearl lol!
Everyone was playing in the rain! Then I joined in after it died a
bit, then it got HOT and we played soccer!
The Zone
My lock screen of Jesus :)
Tornado warning horn!