Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 28: Bye Rockford!

District picture with Elders Ellis, Maynard, Achaval, zone leader Elder Weigel, Sister Ivy, Sister Wallace, Elder Wiser, me, Elders Fia, Faimalo, Porter
Monday, May 30th, 2016

This was an awesome last week in Rockford! I'm moving to the Naperville YSA ward which covers the Naperville and Schaumburg stakes. My new companion will be Elder Kearl, who trained my MTC companion, Elder Whipple, in Bloomington 2nd. Elder Kearl is sending his companion home because he has completed his 2 years. They were the tech elders, but that position is not a thing anymore. Elder Maynard is training a new missionary for his last transfer.

I was on the roof putting wood on top for building the house on Saturday and I got really burned! 


We taught the Freed family again and it is funny how the child of the family motivates the family. 

A less active member called and told us about a person to give a Book of Mormon to and we met with him and taught him about the Book of Mormon and the church. It was cool! We also taught Yolanda and her boyfriend, Ron, this week with a really enthusiastic member. Ron is now really excited about the Book of Mormon and how it can help him in his life. He also came to church! 

We had a Memorial Day Breakfast today and that was great, too! 3 of our investigators came (Shannon, Vernon, and Ron). 

We played Ultimate and I got really sweaty in my proselyting clothes because we forgot our other clothes. 

It has been a good transfer and I will miss the area.

Also, it was funny because Elder Maynard gave a talk for 17 minutes rather than 5-10 minutes and the bishopric was getting nervous and tapped him to stop talking! 

Oh, also, we had a 3 way exchange this week. Elder Maynard went with ZL Elder McDonald and I stayed with Elder Hale, the other DL companion. Elder Hirschi, the DL in the other district, stayed with ZL Elder Weigel. 

Anyway, I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It really brings the spirit of God closer and brings a lot of blessings in my life. 

Have a nice week!

Love,

Elder Kloosterboer


A Dog Balloon I made today
A storm is a-brewing
Flag for Memorial Day at half mast in the middle of the roundabout
Shrine near our house


So many ants but we burned them all