Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 26: 3 Exchanges

Book of Mormon class with Lakisha, the DeCotos and Elder Fia
Monday, May 16, 2016

I drove in Wisconsin and stayed there overnight. It was fun! The exchange was in a Spanish area, so that was interesting. We also got drenched in the rain while I was just standing trying to understand the Spanish. Lol. We also had English class which was fun! We, also, got a few Spanish AND English potential investigators. 

We had zone conference on Thursday. It was good! On Friday I went on my second exchange in the week, but I stayed in the area for that one. It was cool because I went with Elder Weigel and this was his first area. We texted a less active that he had taught and she was super excited to meet with us. We are meeting with her tonight. 

For my 3rd exchange, I went with Elder Fia and we did a lot of service! We moved a bunch of boxes out of a school on Saturday because they are moving buildings. Some of those boxes were heavy, but it was fun!

Lol, we also needed to mow a lawn for an investigator of theirs. We couldn't find a lawn mower for him that worked except a legit push without any motor lawn mower. Haha it would have been great, but his grass was way too long!

So it was a fun good week. I will do 3 more exchanges this week, too, but all of these will be out of my area.

Anyway, we got two new pamphlets this week. They are called Learning and Serving in the Church and Families and Temples. I've read them and they are pretty good; I've also used them. 

"Our message cannot be learned all at once. Understanding will come over time through prayer, study, experience, and keeping Gods commandments." This is so true. As a missionary doing these things, my understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has significantly grown. I invite you all to try the message by praying, studying and keeping God's commandments because it will bless your life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. 

Love,
Elder Kloosterboer

 The pics below show 6 police cars chasing down one car!