Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 22: Leaving Normal

The Bloomington and Normal Elders
Monday, April 18, 2016

I'm transferring to Rockford. The area is called Rockford 1st South and there will be another set of missionaries in the ward. My new companion will be Elder Maynard. He is the District Leader and the senior companion. He will also be the designated driver because he has been out longer than me, like most people have. We are going to be in a 3-way 2-car share, so that will be interesting. 

You might think it is easy to go to Rockford from Normal, but we don't directly go there. I will definitely be going to Joliet first and from there I could go any way to Rockford. Elder Heiner, my first companion, will be Zone Leader in Morton, so we will be flip flopping on our locations. (He was in Rochelle, near Rockford, this transfer.)

It's funny when you meet your investigator's friends very high and asking if you want some weed and that you shouldn't wait for "heaven". Lol.

We found another investigator by tracting around a former. We actually answered his prayer for help. He had been praying just 15 minutes before and he let us in. He is a very humble guy who has gone through some rough times. We have taught him twice and he wanted to come to church, but he didn't.

The Smith family here went to Spain for a few months and the last time we had dinner (in December), I wondered if I would still be here in Normal when they came back, and I guess I was (at least for a bit haha).

We went to Joliet for the Elder Martino Mission Tour meeting. It was really good and all, pretty much, about working with members because we can do so much more by working together. 

Tanner left to go to Utah to go on a mission! He goes to the MTC on the 20th! 

With the Clarks
We had a funny moment when we texted a brother Grilliot thinking he was the dad, but he was the son. He was like, "How did you know I was home?" (He just came back from college.) and we were like, "We didn't..." Haha, but it all worked out and we taught someone:) 

We went to the zoo today! Pics will come later as I have to go through them and I don't have enough time right now.

Anyway, Moses 1:39 "This is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." --Heavenly Father.

I know that I am doing His work and His glory by helping people know of Him and His Son, Jesus Christ, and of the Plan of Happiness and Salvation. It truly is His glory, too! He wants you to be happy and live with Him again and reach your full potential! I know Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and it brings great hope and happiness to me.

Love, 

Elder Kloosterboer 
With the Clarks, with Charley, Olivia and Connor
With the Rowleys
With the Ringers