Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Week 16: Half Whitewashing

With my new companion Elder Casto
Sorting out stuffed toys at HSHM, taken Feb 26th
Monday, March 7, 2016

Hey everyone!

Well! What a busy week! You know it has been a busy week when you can't find time to write in your journal for a bit. That happened for the first time on my mission in this week. But, I am all caught up now. :) 

I said my goodbyes to the departing missionaries and, then, went to do service with Elder Ashcraft. We did a lot of moving and organizing as tomorrow (March 8) a truck is coming for more food for the pantry. It is nice to serve people. :) 

Anyway, I met Elder Casto and Elder Pace in the afternoon of Tuesday and they are pretty cool. 

Area book got a little confused as the areas merged, but we figured it out and we had a church tour with a guy called Keith. It was my first actual church tour for leading or even being in one, lol. Anyway, it went good.

We also went to a family that lives out of the city and we missed our turn off on the highway and it took 20 minutes longer. Also, they live in a place where it is dark at night and luckily, I had been there before so, I knew sort of where it was. Anyway it was an adventure without a GPS!

We went to HSHM on Friday--Elder Casto, Elder Ashcraft, Elder Pace, and I-- and sorted through housewares. We found some cool stuff in there! Also, the other elders came and they did other jobs. So, there were 8 of us there.

On Saturday, we helped the McDonalds out with taking stuff off the walls. So we took paintings and curtains down. They have a really nice house and it was really fun! They also have an elevator because they need it and Elder Casto and I got to go down in it! 

They have a really fun dog, called, I think, Molly, who was jumping around and everything for some time! The McDonalds were really appreciative, though, and now we know who they are! 

We went through ISU and talked to a few people and that was fun, too! There was a game going on and, when that was going on, people were in a rush. :( But, we are learning as we go.

This transfer is going to be 7 weeks, it looks like, and I don't know why. 

This week is going to be busy, too, and that will be fun. We are going to be teaching more lessons.

Also, it looks like winter is going away. It is 66 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. It is nice!

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that we are all brothers and sisters and that we are here to grow and gain experiences to have joy. (Book of Mormon: 2 Nephi 2)

Remember to always smile.

Love,

Elder Kloosterboer
A cool use of a name tag after a missio 
Cool dog I found while sorting at HSHM 
Elder Casto covered in dog hair. I wasn't as unfortunate
Elder Ashcraft with big glasses
Elder Casto with Kitty American flag lol
Elder Pace with big glasses

Packing up the Normal south apartment





Our cleaned up big whiteboard at our new apartment that was from the old apartment
Got this cereal box
Yay, I got Olaf