Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 13: I Know That My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, February 15, 2016

I had my last New Missionary Training on Tuesday. It was pretty good! We sang "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel" and President ended up talking about the song. Also, he suggested we use songs in proselyting, which I already thought about, so that was pretty cool. We did a practice singing "I Am a Child of God." Well that was my last New Missionary Training. 

After the meeting, we had dinner at Howie's and Sis. Albrechtsen's and we got cake because it was Elder Bennett's birthday on Monday. 


We had to reset TIWI because it wouldn't let us log in. It was funny because it was like, "No driver... No driver... No driver..." 

We went on to a Chinese place for District lunch on Wednesday. It had some nice food there. Funny thing happened; one of the elders got charged twice, so we have to go back and sort that out. Lol.

I went on exchanges with Elder Anderson for what would be the last exchange of that kind. (They changed some rules concerning exchanges that I found out about Sunday night.) We had a good time and we found Monique who we will hopefully teach tomorrow with her sister, Dominique. They have been taught before and have been to church and to a baptism. There are so many exciting things that happen in missionary work (and, unfortunately some sad things.) 

We got a ton of Twix bags from one of the service places we go to because of he hard work we do. We also got a nice "Valentine" bag from the other one we go to. At HSHM, Elder Neve, Elder Anderson, Elder Kearl, and I got to sort books into 5 categories (Children's, Adult Hardbacks, Adult Soft-backs, Cooking, and Religious). That was pretty fun. 

We nailed floorboards in the last room at the Clark's on Saturday. That was cool. The other 2 rooms we helped with look awesome! We helped do 75% of the last, and biggest, room. That doesn't include painting and such, though.

Because Bishop was not in town and because of the snow, we didn't have Ward Council on Sunday, which is a big bummer! I wanted to go to that! Anyway, we had breakfast instead at Howie's and Sis. Albrechtsen's. It was good!
Also, I gave a talk on Sunday about Spiritually uplifting others. It was good! I did it because one of the youth couldn't (I think they were sick). Oh, and I did have plenty of time to prepare it. 

Anyway, I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”

That is a song in the LDS Hymnbook, by the way. It is called "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I testify that He does which is why I included the song here. I know that Jesus Christ is the center of a plan our Heavenly Father created to give us joy. I know that songs are a great way to get you in a better state to receive the Holy Ghost more abundantly, and that through the hymns and primary songs, we receive the spirit more abundantly. In Galatians 5:22-23 it says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." I know that the spirit brings these good things that we do want, and I know we can having the blessing of having the Holy Ghost with us all the time through baptism and keep the covenant of baptism. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

To listen and see hymns and Primary songs, you can go to an App Store and look up LDS Music. It is also on LDS.org (just search up hymns or Children's Songbook).

Love,

Elder Kloosterboer