Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 10: Prank Calling Da Police

LOL no missionaries allowed!

Monday, January 25, 2015

So.... during MCM on Tuesday night, I called the police. Haha. It was a pocket dial and, in my embarrassment and fear, I hung up on them when I took the phone out... They called back and asked what the issue was and who I was. It was bad and it was in the MIDDLE of a meeting. Yeah and I accidentally called them again on Sunday. Whoopsies! They didn't ask for a name that time and I didn't hang up. Suffice it to say, I gave the phone to my companion, Elder Heiner. 

Anyway, Elder Vaughn replaced Elder Webster; Elder Jordan replaced Elder Wells; and Sister Wallace Replaced Sister Shephard. 

Also, my first transfer meeting is the last transfer meeting forever. The first presidency said no more meetings for transfers, so yup. They basically have a bus system with the missionaries now.

We also had a good missionary worldwide broadcast! There had not been one for a decade before that broadcast. 
We went to 5 Guys after that and made a little advertisement. One of the women working there was like, "Really?" We don't know if that comment was for the Mormon.org thing or the fact that 18-21 year olds were drawing. Lol.
Oh and I did my first blessing! It was good, but it took a lot of faith! :D I had no idea what to say and then I just opened my mouth and the words came. Yay for the Holy Ghost! I also got a lot of PDFs from LDS.org. I didn't know they had a lot of those in PDF form! 

We went to Panda Express and Elder Anderson forgot his his bag with his iPad inside! We got a text from Bishop that some lady called him and said one of the missionaries left his bag there. Want to know how she knew the Bishop's phone number? She looked at the pass along card Elder Anderson gave her and found the meetinghouse and the number there! So, that was cool! Anyway, it was an ok week. A bit slower than others. We dropped a lot of people who just weren't interested, but we got some new potential investigators, too. Oh, and on Sunday, a random person came to church after our sacrament meeting at about 12:30P.M. and he is in our area. The Zone Leaders talked to him and he is just seeing what the church is like. He was like, "oh there is a Mormon church here and another one besides the other one." Yup, there are 3 churches in a row and the middle one is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is not interested in meeting up with the missionaries right now, but he is interested in our activities. We may see him again.

Also, the Tiwi was speechless yesterday. Usually it says, "Check your speed or check your seatbelt." Basically it broke, but it fixed itself during its sleep. Lol.

Oh, and by the way, I am serving a mission in the only state in modern times where a prophet of God was murdered by the people. Yup.

Anyway, I know that his is the one true church of the Lord and that there really is a Heavenly Father who loves us so much he created a specific plan for us all. I also know that Jesus Christ is the Son of Heavenly Father both physically and spiritually. I know that Jesus Christ is our big brother who loves us so very much that he suffered and died for us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love, 
Elder Kloosterboer
Advertising I made while we ate at 5 Guys :)

Glitchy phone


Rough ice

Confederate flag on truck!